Fiber optics is one of the channels of transition or a type of cable is also made of glass or plastic fibers are very fine. Fiber optic cables are generally smaller than the usual cables and is used in transmitting signals from one place to another. Fiber optic technology certainly has various functions in human life such as transmitting signals.
In the world of computer types of fiber optic cable is often used to get internet access. Owned speeds using fiber optic cable technology is also better when compared with the usual cable. This is because the optical fiber is made by using advanced technology. For more on fiber optic cable technology. please follow the discussion below!
Optical Fiber Technology along with the following Strengths and Shortcomings
As the cables are making use of advanced technology, fiber optic cable for installation are found in tissues such intermediate level for large companies or installation on a rule that requires the ability to very quickly.
In addition to connecting of the building to other buildings, fiber-optic technology is also built and used in the sea to connect between cities in various countries of the world. Fiber optic cable consists of a core made of glass with a layer of fiber in it. The layer has its own function. These cables are not much different from other cables like UTP or STP cable.
Core optical fiber cable covered with a protective layer to protect the core part made of fiber glass. Connectors used by fiber optic connectors are ST, besides the connector was recently also introduced another connector ie SC connectors. Keep in mind that the technology of fiber optic cable has a data transfer speed reached 100 Mbps and above, can even reach 1000 Mbps or 1 Gbps.
The advantages of using fiber optic technology such as :
- Tech fiber optic cable can emit a signal even further when compared with other types of cables. Moreover, this technology does not require cables or signal amplifiers called repeaters. If needed not be installed every 5 km cable like other types, but every 20 km.
- Fiber optic cable technology can be applied in the building, underground, until in the water at once with the criteria and characteristics of different cables.
- As in the above explanation that the technology using optical fiber access or data transfer speeds faster than other types of cable such as UTP.
Although it has many advantages it turns out this technology also has some disadvantages such as:
- If there is damage to the fiber optic technology requires a repair installation of very complex network that will require an expert in that field.
- The price of fiber optic cable tend to be very expensive when compared with the price of other types such as UTP cable is known at an affordable price.
- Given this technology uses light waves aid in transmitting the data, then the network can not be applied to the track by a sharp turn. If the line does have curves, it needs to be made curves are curved and not too sharp.
That was the discussion of several fiber optic technology and its advantages and disadvantages.