The jet engine is not foreign to our ears. When he heard the word, shadow plane suddenly appeared. Jet engines are close to the aircraft industry. All aircraft, ranging from fighter aircraft to commercial aircraft. Although the aircraft is not a stranger, but not many people know how to work the airplane jet engines.
There are 3 kinds of jet engine that has been recognized by the world, namely turbojet, turboprop and turbofan. Turbojet engine is the forerunner of turbofan engines. This machine was originally used by aircraft. Along with the development of technology, engine turbojet and turboprop engines have now been completely replaced by more efficient turbofan engines. It could be said if the engine turbofan jet engine is an improved version of the previous generation.
In general, the three jet engines has advantages and disadvantages as follows:
- Thrust turbojet engine has the most powerful engine, but has the disadvantage of wasteful fuel. Therefore suitable turbojet engines for military aircraft such as Sukhoi or F16.
- Speed ??turboprop engines have weaknesses and limited engine capability. Turboprop engine can only be used as high as 25 thousand feet. That’s why turbofan engines developed.
- Turbofan engines answering weaknesses in previous generations. This machine is suitable for use by commercial aircraft due to economical, and have a good thrust capability.
- Turbofan engine consists of a fan (propeller) and turbojet engines. The incoming air will pass through the propeller toward the turbojet engine. The air is used to drive the fan, the rest is burned as the driving force (thrust).
For more details on the workings of a jet engine can be explained as follows:
- Incoming air passes through the blade called a low pressure compressor or abbreviated as LPC. From here, the air will pass through a smaller blade called high pressure compressore or HPC.
- The air and then into the combustion engine. Having given the ignition until the temperature rises, the air is then sprayed with fuel combustion. The combustion process will create thrust.
- This thrust of energy would drive the high pressure turbine or HPT which is directly connected with the HPC. From here the air will re move the low pressure turbine or LPT which is also directly connected to LPC.
- How much thrust is generated? Thrust generated only 25 percent. The rest comes from encouragement blade (LPT) of about 75 percent. Place the blade accidentally wrapped by certain chasing to concentrate air flow, so that the turbofan engines to be more fuel efficient.
That’s how the jet engine can know. The future maybe there will be further development.